Mostly, Mini ITX is a 17 x17 cm motherboard, which is created by VIA Technologies. This Mini ITX is generally utilized in little configured computer systems. Mini-ITX Motherboards are not as mainstream as ATX motherboards. This is because they have restricted highlights because of little form factors. Likewise, they cost more while sharing a few highlights as that of an ATX Motherboard. On the off chance that you are anticipating building a mini PC, the principal thing you’ll require is a little motherboard. In this article, we will educate you concerning the Best Mini ITX Motherboard.
Our Recommendations for Best Mini ITX Motherboards in 2023
If you allude to this article, you may track down the Best Mini ITX Motherboard with the specifications you need. Whatever system you are working on, there will be something for everybody, and there is no compelling reason to make a big deal about the spending plan. Presently, let us think about the best Mini ITX Motherboard. A mini ITX motherboard allows you to have a great time in a more modest size. The best thing about smaller than normal ITX Motherboards is that it can fit any place in any PC and changes your viewpoint of gaming. Mini ITX Motherboards are little, so there isn’t more space for adding more specialties to them.
1. MSI Performance Gaming AMD Ryzen
- While there are presently no second-generation AM4 chipset mini ITX motherboards accessible for under $100, the most moderate choice is the MSI B450I Gaming Plus. At ~$115, the MSI B450I will give AMD fans the choice to build a Mini ITX system with a second-generation Ryzen processor without totally using up every last cent.
- The B450I accompanies support for up to 32GB of DDR4 memory that can arrive at speeds as high as 3466MHz (through overclocking), will take into account gentle overclocking on the CPU, and gives you MSI’s Game Boost, GAMING Hotkey, and X-Boost settings.
Generally, you don’t have a huge load of reasonable mini ITX second-generation AM4 motherboard choices out there. However, if you are searching for a reasonably evaluated alternative, the MSI B450I Gaming Plus would merit consideration.
When we compare the B450I GAMING Plus AC with the MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi, you get to see that gaming plus AC supports up to 32GB RAM and the gaming plus max Wi-Fi supports up to 64GB. Moreover, the MSI B450I Gaming Plus Max Wi-Fi is the latest version of this MSI series.
- · Excellent build quality
- · Over-clocking capabilities
- · Only 802.11 AC WiFi
- · Only one NVME
2. GIGABYTE B450 I AORUS PRO
- AMD’s Ryzen 2000 CPUs (like the Ryzen 7 2700X) may be old information at this point, however, AMD’s new spending plan centred B450 chipset emerges from the entryway prepared to infuse more worth into the AMD AM4 stage. Our prosperity with the X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI gives us high expectations for the lesser B450 Aorus Pro board, however, Gigabyte keeps down on certain highlights that might have made this board tremendous. In any case, the B450 chipset is a sweet spot for developers and gamers who needn’t bother with X470’s additional list of capabilities, and Gigabyte conveys an extraordinary item with the B450 Aorus Pro WIFI, at a shockingly reasonable $120 MSRP.
The B450 Pro WIFI one of the best mini ITX motherboards comes furnished with adequate RGB lights, RGB power switches, and an addressable LED interface that mitigates these inadequacies for future redesigns for manufacturers. For a spending board, we don’t anticipate that the contents of the box should be generous and Gigabyte doesn’t overpower with frill and additional parts. The organization incorporates their identification sticker alongside documentation, a couple of SATA links, and a Wi-Fi antenna wire for connecting the SMA plugs on the backboard.
As a very good quality contribution for its mid-range chipset, the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi draws on the Aorus brand for motivation, however scarcely comes up short as far as raw performance. Notwithstanding, this board is exceptional in specific zones that make it a considerably more clear buy for anybody keen on an acceptable feel.
Returning to the questions we presented before, does the B450 confront X470? Generally, yes. From a raw performance viewpoint, the chipset can deliver performance that is following our 2700X assumptions. Yet, that comes at the expense of specific highlights and personal satisfaction upgrades, in particular improved controller designs, voltage controls, and slight expansions in IO.
- · Performance on par with X470
- · Broad connectivity options & premium aesthetics
- Very good value
- · OC limits due to hardware and software implementation
3. GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX
- The Gigabyte B550I AORUS Pro AX includes a 6+2 stage VRM design utilizing top-level 90 A power stages from Intersil, with two M.2 heatsinks, 2.5 Gb/s LAN from Realtek, and surprisingly a metal backplate to add inflexibility and help in cooling. There is a great deal of motherboard stuffed in a little and shockingly moderate bundle, so we should make a plunge!
Truly, this is one of the most pleasant B550 Chipset based motherboards we will survey, the Mini-ITX based B550i Aorus PRO AX, at 17x17cm Gigabyte stacked this B550 motherboard with tremendously stunning highlights including double M2 openings, 2.5 GigE Ethernet, AX WIFI and an incredible plan for VRM. All things considered, essentially put it’s almost a mega motherboard at a scaled downsize. Indeed, stacked with 2.5 GigE Ethernet, AX WIFI6 and two M2 NVMe spaces we keep thinking about whether this is the best mini-itx motherboard even has a place in the B series given that little form factor.
I’m dazzled with this motherboard — without a doubt. Gigabyte has worked hard of pressing premium highlights into a staggeringly little bundle. The performance is additionally connected at the hip with Gigabyte’s very good quality X570 AORUS Master. You do make some compromises for the little size, for example, the diminished VRM check, yet that didn’t keep me away from pushing a moderate overclock. In case you’re prepared to leave the large PC tower behind, the B550I AORUS PRO AX makes for an amazing foundation for your next system.
When we compare the Gigabyte B550I AORUS Pro AX with its toughest competitor Asus Rog Strix B550-I, you get to see that the Asus Rog Strix supports up to 51000MHz bus speed of RAM while the Gigabyte B550I supports up to 5000MHz bus speed. Moreover, Gigabyte B550I supports RAID and it is much cheaper as compared to the Asus Rog Strix B550-I. If you are interested in buying a mid-level low price motherboard then Gigabyte B550I over the Asus Rog Strix B550-I.
- · Tiny form factor
- · Feature-rich, despite its small size
- · Competitively priced
- · Dual M.2 slots
- · Competes blow to blow with X570 in performance
- · Only one slot supports PCIe 4.0
- · Few fan headers
4. Asus Prime A320I-K AMD Ryzen AM4 DDR4
- A board that packs performance, highlights and quality into a Mini ITX structure factor. Powered by AMD A320 chipset, this barricade supports a third era AMD Ryzen processor of up to 16 cores (Ryzen 9 3950X). An M.2 slot, a PCIe x16 space, double memory slots and USB 3.0 connectivity offer every one of the basics expected to fabricate a little power to be reckoned with. Amazing segments consolidate with ASUS’ many years of designing and assembling mastery to ensure unshakable solidness and toughness.
- ASUS Prime is the next development of the ASUS motherboard, brought into the world of a family that stretches back to 1989. Our group of top-notch engineers is energetic about engaging everybody to appreciate the advantages of customization and tuning, and the main force behind the improvement of Prime is to make progressed fan controls effectively available—boosting performance, strength and similarity for the absolute best DIY PC encounters. Expressed: it’s the ideal opportunity for Prime.
Based on the AMD A320 chipset, the ASUS PRIME A320I-K AM4 Mini-ITX Motherboard supports first-, second, and third-age AMD Ryzen processors with an AM4 attachment. The two 288-pin DIMM spaces support up to 32GB of 3600 MHz DDR4 RAM. There is a solitary PCIe 3.0 x16 slot. There are likewise four SATA III 6 Gb/s connectors just as one M.2 socket. Other outstanding highlights are Realtek RTL8111H Gigabit Ethernet LAN, Realtek ALC887 eight-channel HD sound, and an ASUS Aura Sync header, which is a locally available connector for RGB LED strips (sold independently).
When we compare the Asus Prime A320M-K with the ASUS Prime A320I-K, you get to see that the A320I-K is a new product and it covers around 50% lower thermal design power as compared to the ASUS Prime A320M-K. The A320I-K supports DDR4 3400MHz, 3466MHz and 3600MHz. The A320M-K comes with more than 2 PCI-E x1 slots and one more onboard USB 2.0 slot as compared to the A320I-K.
- · Nice and compact
- · 4 fan connector and RGB cables
- · User-friendly BIOS functionality
- · Complete gamer stuff
- · Fewer USB ports
- · No built-in Wi-Fi
5. ASUS ROG Strix B460-I Gaming
- ROG Strix B460-I Gaming motherboard highlights strong power delivery and powerful cooling intended to deal with the most recent tenth Generation Intel Core processors. With its capturing modern tasteful and natural ROG programming, ROG Strix B460-I Gaming gives you a head start on your fantasy assemble. The strong force plan and far-reaching cooling highlights of Strix B460-I Gaming guarantee extraordinary all-round execution, and a natural dashboard gives you full systems administration control so you can saddle the maximum capacity of your build.
ROG Strix motherboards go through a broad certificate program to guarantee the absolute best similarity with the most extensive scope of parts and gadgets. For a smooth form measure, allude to ASUS’ rundown of ensured viable segments. To assist with memory updates, the rundown likewise incorporates a committed Qualified Vendor List (QVL). ROG Strix B460-I Gaming furnishes you with the most recent available for super-smooth online experiences and blisteringly quick record moves. Prevalent sound execution gives you a huge benefit, permitting you to get on the littlest sound signals for a vivid encounter.
When we compare the ASUS ROG Strix B460-I Gaming with the Asus Rog Strix H470-I Gaming, you get to see wireless LAN integrated into the H470 and Around 57% lower thermal design power as compared to the B460-I. Moreover, if you are building a mini ITX PC, Asus Rog Strix H470-I Gaming is the best available option for you in this regard.
- · Straightforward solid motherboard
- · Lots of connectivity
- · well-places fan headers
- · great rear I/O
- · You don’t plug fans straight into the motherboard.
- · It comes with little extensions for the motherboard header that then plug into your 3/4 pin fan.
- · It’s just a little confusing.
6. GIGABYTE Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI
- The Gigabyte Z390 gives savage rivalry to different brands. Since, supposing that you take a gander at its specs, you’ll become hopelessly enamoured. It is a top-notch small scale ITX motherboard and a plus point; it looks cool as well. It upholds eighth and ninth Gen Intel Core processors. The high-level thermal design keeps the motherboard cool under load. There is likewise an all-inclusive blade heat sink to guarantee that overheating prevented.
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS favourable to Wi-Fi motherboard, one of the best mini itx motherboards for gaming utilizes an all IR advanced CPU power design which incorporates both computerized PWM regulators and PowIPStage MOSFET. It permits the devotee gamers to get the greatest performance and make the most of their gaming.
There are 2 M2 openings, and the outer Wi-Fi antenna wire functions admirably. Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS has the very characteristics of a motherboard with a lot more exorbitant cost. It’s a top of the line mini ITX Motherboard yet at a much sensible cost. It is easy to install, and the performance is satisfying too.
- · High quality
- · Works well
- · Easy to install
- · Best price-to-feature ratio
- · Does not works well if you overclock
7. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard
- The Z370-I one of the best mini itx motherboard includes double M.2 ports (the openings have a heatsink), USB 3.1, ASUS’s Aura Sync RGB lighting (and RGB headers), and backing for up to 32GB of DDR4 memory with a clock rate capability of as high as 4333MHz in the wake of overclocking. It additionally accompanies a lot of ASUS-explicit highlights and settings too, including 5-Way Optimization and FanXpert 4.
The Z370-I additionally accompanies a double band 802.11AC Wi-Fi antenna extension for improved network connectivity on the off chance that you do select to utilize the built-in wireless adapter and it has three separate 4-pin PWN fan headers too.
In case you’re anticipating building a top of the line Coffee Lake gaming PC and you need to have the choice to overclock your processor, at that point maybe your most ideal choice is the ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I. At just shy of $200, the Z370-I is presently the most costly Coffee Lake mini ITX motherboard accessible.
At last, if you have a huge spending plan and are searching for the best smaller than normal ITX motherboard to fabricate a little structure factor Intel-based system with, at that point, the ASUS ROG Strix Z370-I is likely your most ideal choice.
- · Reinforced PCI Express x16 slot.
- · Dual M.2 slots on a Mini-ITX board.
- · Snappy-looking onboard RGB LED lighting.
- · USB 3.1 Gen 2 header.
- · Usual Mini-ITX board price premium.
- · Some gamers might want more onboard LEDs.
8. ASUS ROG Strix X470-I Gaming mini-ITX Motherboard
- For highlights, the X470-I accompanies the equivalent double M.2 spaces and heatsink that is found on the Z370-I. It additionally accompanies ASUS’ Aura Sync RGB lighting and RGB headers, and it accompanies a similar extra Wi-Fi antenna also. The X470-I can hold up to a limit of 32GB of DDR4 memory, it highlights 8-channel HD sound, and it accompanies ASUS’ 5-Way Optimization, Auto-Tuning, and FanXpert 4 overclocking settings. The motherboard likewise accompanies a pre-mounted I/O safeguard, which is pleasant, because that implies you will not need to sit around installing it.
For our top X470 motherboard we’ve again picked ASUS ROG Strixwift – I alternative. The ASUS ROG Strix X470-I is a beautiful comparable contribution to their Coffee Lake variation recorded previously. Also, if it appears as though we’re playing top picks, actually the ROG Strix X470-I is the solitary ultra-very good quality X470 mini ITX motherboard accessible.
Generally speaking, very much like ASUS’ Z370-I is the best top of the line smaller than usual ITX motherboard for Coffee Lake-based systems, the ASUS ROG Strix X47-I is the best mini ITX motherboard for constructs that will highlight a second-generation Ryzen processor.
- · Solid build
- · Bios is easy to use and update
- · Great overclocking
- · Easily set RAM timings and clock speed
- · HD audio port might do a little problem, but it can fix
10. MSI Pro Series Intel Coffee Lake H310 Mini ITX Motherboard
- While mini ITX-compatible components come in along with some built-in costs, that doesn’t imply that spending plan arranged developers can’t construct a little structure factor framework. Luckily, in case you’re willing to go with an Intel-based system, you can land yourself a quality smaller than usual ITX motherboard for under $100. The MSI H310I Pro comes in at just shy of $80 and will give you all you require to fabricate a strong mini ITX system.
The H310I Pro accompanies support for up to 32GB of DDR4 RAM, an M.2 space that you can use to introduce an NVME SSD in, MSI’s storage performance-boosting highlight X-help, and a steel-covered PCI-e path to help heavier graphics cards. In any case, it ought to be noticed that the H310 chipset is truly stripped down. It doesn’t offer help for double channel memory configurations and it doesn’t accompany USB 3.1 Gen. 2 ports (it has USB 3.1 Gen. 1 ports, however.)
Eventually, in case you’re working with a strict financial plan and you need to fabricate a mini PC, your lone genuine alternative is to go with a Coffe Lake-based form, as there are no genuine reasonable small ITX motherboard choices accessible for second era Ryzen processors (even though, for first era Ryzen chipsets, similar to the B350 chipset, there are some more moderate smaller than expected ITX choices). Also, of the ultra moderate Intel-based mini ITX motherboards out there, the H310I Pro is likely the awesome (generally reasonable) alternative.
- · Best for compact and SFF builds.
- · Enough USB ports on the rear panel.
- · 4 + 2 phase design voltage regulators.
- PCI steel armour for big GPUs.
- · Only two DIMMs are not enough.
- · Four SATA are low for future expansion.
- · Less space between M.2 and PCIe x16 slot
10. GIGABYTE B360N Mini ITX/DDR4 Motherboard)
- Intel’s H310 chipset is genuinely stripped down. While they do accompany two DIMM openings, H310 motherboards don’t uphold double-channel configurations, so regardless of whether you have two memory modules introduced in an H310 chipset motherboard, they will be working in a single-channel setup. (Notwithstanding, in our post on single-channel versus double channel memory, we found that, for gaming, there is certifiably not a critical distinctive in performance between the two.) The H310 chipset additionally needs USB 3.1 Gen. 2 ports (rather offering USB 3.1 Gen. 1ports) and doesn’t support Intel’s Optane technology.
Gigabyte B360N WiFi is the best mini ITX motherboard that does exclude anything extraordinary or genuinely amazing; nonetheless, it gives fantastic incentive for the cash, and basically, it has everything which you need for an incredible gaming experience. It is intended for the ninth and eighth era of Intel processors, it gives an astounding sound encounter, given a couple of accessible abilities like Audio Noise safeguard and springs alongside top-notch carport limits that need to satisfy the greater part of standard clients.
Another genuinely moderate Intel-based smaller than normal ITX motherboard is Gigabyte’s B360N. At just shy of $100, it’s not exactly as modest as the MSI H310I Pro, yet it accompanies some more highlights. Thus, if the absence of highlights on H310 chipset motherboards is an issue for you, your next most ideal choice for a reasonable Coffee Lake smaller than normal ITX motherboard is this Gigabyte B360N motherboard, as the B360 chipset will furnish you with those highlights.
- · Affordable
- · Dual HDMI Ports
- · Bluetooth 5
- · Good USB connectivity
- · RGB Header
- · Good value for the money
- · CrossFire Support
- · No optical out
- · No display port
- · Two units arrived at DOA
- · No CPU/RAM overclocking because of Intel
Above, I attempted to gather and present each significant snippet of data I had and delivered it to you. The positive points, yet the negative points have additionally been referenced. I trust reading this article would have given you an idea about the most reasonable and best mini ITX Motherboard for yourself. One thing I need to advise you before completing, the smaller than normal ITX Motherboards are tiny and conservative, so there isn’t a lot of room and space for more extra highlights on them. The entirety of the motherboards has practically similar specifications.
The best ones of the motherboards I’ve referenced previously. So everything comes down to what exactly is your spending plan. So pick the smaller than expected ITX motherboard that you need to utilize and suits you the most, clearly spending plan savvy and determinations shrewd. The previously mentioned mini ITX motherboards are top of the line choices that are without a doubt going to give you extraordinary gaming performance and assist you with pursuing your passion to an entirely next level.
What are mini ITX motherboards used for?
Mini ITX is a reduced motherboard setup intended to help generally minimal effort PCs in little spaces, for example, in autos, set-top boxes, and network gadgets. The Mini-ITX can likewise be utilized in making slim customer PCs.
Why is Mini ITX so expensive?
Like the Asus Z97, the ITX board is around 200 dollars contrasted with the ATX which is around 120. Since when things get little sufficient it begins to take a huge load of wanting to squeeze everything into the little space. Thus it pushes the cost up. Additionally, numerous mITX sheets accompany built-in WIFI, something which cost cash.
Are mini ITX motherboards good for gaming?
Mini ITX motherboards need to compromise, in a real sense, so that implies that the majority of them don’t offer different PCIe card spaces for multi-GPU setups (however multi-GPU setups are once in a while great for the normal gamer, so this shouldn’t be too large a worry.)
Is Mini ITX the same as ITX?
They are the same thing. Once in a while, individuals allude to mini ITX as ITX. The two terms reference a similar structure factor. The proper name for the standard is Mini-ITX, which is the motherboard size of 17 × 17 cm (6.7 × 6.7 in).
Are mini ITX builds worth it?
Building a small factor machine may mean an additional little while managing link cleaning in the tight limits of a mini ITX case, yet it’s very great and recoveries a colossal measure of room. The penances are, for a large portion of us, non-existent as well, as long as you just need a solitary PCI-E card.
Is Mini ITX better than ATX?
Mini ITX motherboards, then again, are more limited in both tallness and width than micro ATX motherboards. They commonly just component a solitary PCIe path. Their benefit, nonetheless, is in their more modest size. Then again, if you need to go with a bigger case, you’ll probably have the option to fit any motherboard in it.
Is Mini ITX cheaper?
Mini ITX PCs Generally Cost Less. While it’s as yet conceivable to deceive out a Mini-ITX build with madly costly parts and the most recent architect case, the more modest actual measurements and decreased intricacy of the motherboard and case mean they’re by and large less expensive than their full-sized partners.
Is micro ATX bigger than mini ITX?
The micro ATX is at second biggest at 244 by 244 mm. At long last, the littlest is the mini ITX, which is 170 by 170 mm. The size of the motherboard isn’t that enormous of an issue yet it’s a highlight to be viewed as when you’re likewise picking your PC case.
What is the smallest Mini ITX case?
· Thermaltake Core V1 Snow Edition
· Cooler Master Elite 130
· BitFenix Prodigy Arctic White
· InWin A1 Black
· Cougar QBX
Do mini PCs overheat?
No, as they are more reliable and have no moving parts, which can cause overheating.
Can a mini ITX motherboard fit in a micro ATX case?
Mini ITX is a 17 × 17 cm (6.7 × 6.7 in) motherboard form factor, created by VIA Technologies in 2001. They are ordinarily utilized in small configured PC systems. Smaller than expected ITX sheets can subsequently frequently be utilized in cases intended for ATX, micro ATX and other ATX variations whenever wanted. The design gives one extension slot.
What is the smallest PC case?
Mini ITX cases are the littlest case available – they’re compact (one of the cases on our rundown can even fit in a backpack) and are adequately little to fit around your desk.
Should I get mATX or ATX?
On the off chance that you need to assemble a financial plan amicable gaming PC, your smartest choice is to go with a micro ATX motherboard. Luckily, mATX motherboards are ideal for spending plan agreeable gaming PCs, as they have the entirety of the principle includes that standard ATX motherboards have.
Is micro ATX bad?
Nothing wrong with micro-atx by any stretch of the imagination. It’s seemingly above and beyond for a great many people, can be less expensive, more helpful and cooling ought to be fine except if derped. My micro atx fabricate has extraordinary performance and temps-I put the cash saved money on the motherboard, case and fans into purchasing a superior CPU.
Is micro ATX cheaper than ATX?
mATX is the same part thickness as ATX simply fewer segments so costs less. ATX has much more space, which is filled with more segments, which you pay for. Extra PCIe spaces, extra SATA ports, additional M. 2 ports, multi GPU support (this relies upon the chipset, however, and there are likewise mATX sheets with SLI support).
What advantages does ATX have over MicroATX?
MicroATX is the benefit in light of size that is generally a lot more modest than ordinary ATX and as a rule has fewer extension openings like PCI, fewer DIMM attachments. They are regularly worked around financial plan or low price CHIPSETS.
What’s the difference between ITX and ATX?
The difference between ATX and ITX is that ATX has a standard size and is proposed for use in standard PCs, have a high number of PCI spaces and higher RAM limit while an ITX is more modest than the standard size and are utilized in compact PCs normally implied for travelling.
What is the smallest micro ATX case?
Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L Micro-ATX Case
What does ITX stand for?
Short for Information Technology eXtended, ITX is a little motherboard form factor from VIA Technologies that was first presented in November 2001 with the Mini-ITX.