Mods are user-created modifications to existing games, which can be added to games on Steam. However, sometimes you may need to remove these mods. This guide will explain the process of deleting mods on Steam.
How to Delete Mods on Steam Guide
- Open Steam and navigate to your Library.
- Right-click on the game that has the mod you want to delete and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Local Files” tab and then select “Browse Local Files.”
- Locate the “Mods” folder and open it.
- Right-click on the mod you want to delete and select “Delete.”
- Confirm the deletion.
- Restart the game to ensure that the mod has been completely removed.
Recommended : How to Call in Cyberpunk 2077
How to Delete Mods on Steam FAQs
How do I know if a game has mods on Steam?
You can check if a game has mods by navigating to the game’s page on Steam and looking for the “Workshop” tab.
Can I delete mods from within the game?
Some games may have an in-game option to delete mods, but this is not the case for all games. It’s best to use the process outlined above.
Will deleting a mod affect my save data?
It depends on the mod and how it affects the game. Some mods may have saved data associated with them that will be deleted when the mod is removed, while others may not.
What if I can’t find the “Mods” folder?
Some games may not have a “Mods” folder, or the folder may be located in a different location. In this case, you can try searching the game’s support forums for information on how to delete mods for that specific game.