Boot scan is an advanced feature in Avast antivirus that scans the system before it boots up. This is an effective way to detect and remove any malware that may be hiding in the boot sector or system files, making it difficult for traditional antivirus scans to detect.
How to Run Boot Scan in Avast Guide
- Open Avast Antivirus on your system
- Click on the “Protection” option in the left-side panel
- Select “Virus Scans”
- Click on the “Boot-Time Scan” option
- Select the drive that you want to scan
- Click the “Scan” button to start the boot scan
- Wait for the scan to complete. Avast will automatically remove any malware found during the scan.
- Once the scan is complete, restart your system to complete the boot scan process.
Recommended : How to Get Photo Finish Shader
How to Run Boot Scan in Avast FAQs
What is a boot scan in Avast Antivirus?
Boot scan is an advanced feature in Avast that scans the system before it boots up, making it effective in detecting and removing malware that may be hiding in the boot sector or system files.
Why do I need to run a boot scan in Avast?
A boot scan is recommended to detect and remove any malware that may have infected your system and is not detectable by traditional antivirus scans.
How often should I run a boot scan in Avast?
It is recommended to run a boot scan on a regular basis, or whenever you suspect your system may have been infected with malware.
What happens if Avast finds malware during a boot scan?
If Avast detects malware during a boot scan, it will automatically remove it from your system.
Can I run a boot scan while my system is in use?
No, a boot scan must be run while the system is in safe mode or before it boots up.