Deleting Steam reviews can be useful if you find that a review on your game or software is inaccurate, offensive, or irrelevant. Steam, a digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation, allows users to leave reviews on games and software they have purchased.
However, as a developer or publisher, you may find that some reviews do not accurately reflect your product or are harmful to your brand. In this guide, we will discuss the steps you can take to delete Steam reviews on Steam.
How To Delete Reviews On Steam – [Easy Guide]
How To Delete Reviews On Steam [Easy Guide]
Deleting Steam reviews can be done by following these steps:
- Log into your Steam account and navigate to the “Store” page.
- Locate the game or software for which you wish to delete a review. Click on the “View” button to access the product page.
- Scroll down to the “Reviews” section and locate the review you wish to delete.
- Click on the “Report” button located next to the review.
- In the pop-up window, select the appropriate reason for reporting the review. You can select options such as “Offensive language,” “Spam,” or “Inappropriate content.”
- Click on the “Submit” button to submit the report.
- After submitting the report, Steam will review the review and decide whether to delete it or not. If Steam decides to delete the review, it will be removed from the product page.
Note: Steam does not delete reviews just because you want them to be deleted. They will review the review and take action only if it violates the Steam Community Guidelines. Also, Steam reviews can be written only by users who purchased the product, so you may consider reaching out to the user who wrote the review and asking them to remove it.
In summary, you need to log in to your steam account, locate the game you want to remove the review, report it by clicking on the report button and select the appropriate reason, submit it, and wait for Steam to take action.
Recommended: how to connect cintiq companion to pc
Can I delete Steam reviews that are negative?
Steam reviews can be deleted if they violate the Steam Community Guidelines. Negative reviews will not be deleted simply because they are negative. If the review contains offensive language, spam, or inappropriate content, you can report it for deletion.
How long does it take for Steam to delete a review?
The time it takes for Steam to delete a review can vary. It depends on the volume of reports Steam receives and how quickly they can review them. It’s best to be patient and check back on the product page after a few days to see if the review has been removed.
Can I delete reviews that I wrote myself?
Yes, you can delete reviews that you wrote yourself by going to your Steam Community profile and navigating to the “Reviews” section. You will see an option to delete any reviews that you have written.
Can I delete reviews for games that I haven’t developed or published?
No, you can only delete reviews for games or software that you have developed or published. If you are not the developer or publisher of a game, you cannot delete reviews for that game.
Can I get a refund for my purchase if I am not happy with the game?
You can request a refund for a game you purchased on Steam within 14 days of purchase if you have not played the game for more than 2 hours. If the game has been played for more than 2 hours, the refund request will be considered on a case-by-case basis.